I have been match fishing for 49 years after winning my first match at just 6 years old and as they say hooked for life. The canal was my starting point and it gave me the methods to move to bigger things. I have won fishing matches on all the big fast rivers like the Rivers Wye, Trent, Seven and Thames, and still have a love for the Trent although it will never be as good as it was in the 80's. This is where I honed and refined my float fishing techniques and my Bream fishing and again won many big match on the wide Welland, Nene, Witham and even a second place standing in a 1200 peg stones festival. I loved the big match banter sadly no longer a part of match fishing. Competing in Denmark and Ireland too was a great part of my history in angling.
In 1995 I made my move to carp fishing and found a affection with this side although I am not into catching 200 and 300lb weights.
- Former Fishomania Champion
- 7 x Fishomania Finalist (The same amount as Steve Ringer, and I believe that qualifying this amount of times is in the way I fish all my matches I never fish negative always a positive attack.)
- 6 x Parkdean Masters Finalist
- Festival winner at white acres
Book a days fishing tuition with me and you can learn:-
- Match fishing techniques from running line basics with wagglers stick floats
- How to master commerical F1 and Carp Fishing
- Traditional feeder fishing
- Pole fishing for silver fish and carping with all methods
- I have a in-depth knowledge of carp ground baits what works and why
- I will cover the do's and don'ts and more importantly the WHYs
- Cover all YOUR requirements on rigs and terminal tackle
- The forgotten art of water craft
- Best ways to feed when to feed and why
- All lessons can be tuned in to your personal requirements to get you up to speed on the areas you lack in
My coaching is for all level of anglers, whether you are looking to improve certain aspects of your fishing or an up and coming match angler wanting to be more positive in your approach.
25 miles of Retford. But can travel up to 125 miles (costs increased).
£150 per day one on one within 25 miles of Retford but may increase depending upon distance travelled up to 125 miles, please enquire for more information.
Please enter your information below.